By childshill, Apr 12 2017 07:21AM
Following the recent committee meeting there are a number of items of news and notes
1. After a recent incident we now have to insist that all dogs are kept on leads at all times, this is both when on your plot and when walking around the site.
2. The society machinery is for sale – see attached list. It will be available for viewing this Sunday 16 April
3. There were a couple of thefts from sheds recently, if your plot borders the boundary please consider planting some prickly hedging to deter people coming in. Blackthorn, hawthorn and pyracantha work well.
4. There is one vacant half plot 26E and no takers from the wait list, so if you want some more space let Jo Goldsworthy know email@example.com
5. The next plot inspection will be on Wednesday 19 April
6. A Working Party to cut back vegetation on the west boundary will take place on Saturday 6 May, meet at 11.00 at the boundary
7. Another complaint - someone has been defecating on and near the communal area at the north of the site, this is very antisocial as it smells and attracts flies. Now that there is a chemical Loo on site this should be used.
8. There will be another tea party on Sunday 11 June, more information nearer the date
9. The society should have a safety officer, a checklist of hazards to be looked out for is attached. If you would like to take up the challenge let me know.
Hope you all have a productive growing season
Secretary Childs Hill Allotments Society
020 8458 2870