By childshill, Feb 17 2016 02:54PM
Child's Hill Allotment Society
Annual General Meeting 2016
The Annual General Meeting of the society will be held on Sunday 20 March 2016 at 2pm, in the hall of St Agnes RC Church, 35 Cricklewood Lane, NW2 1HR.
The main business of the meeting will be to receive and discuss the committee’s report on the society’s activities since the last AGM, to discuss and vote on motions submitted by the members and/or the committee, to elect the committee for 2016/2017, to receive the accounts for 2015 and to note the rent and other charges for 2017.
This letter is to notify you of the date of the meeting and to invite you
a) to submit motions for discussion
b) to nominate candidates for election to the committee.
The procedure for submitting motions and nominations are given below. They should be sent to the secretary by Saturday 2 March, via the shop letter box, in person if you see her on site, or by post or hand to 53A Nant Road, NW2 2AL. A nomination form has been emailed to all members and can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of motions
Our constitution includes the rules for submitting a motion, as follows
• Motions must be sent in writing to the secretary twenty-one clear days before the meeting.
• Each motion must be accompanied by the name, address and signature of the member who is proposing it.
• A member’s request may be accompanied by a statement which shall not exceed 1000 words and this statement will be sent to all tenant members with the notice of the meeting.
The committee consists of eight elected and two co-opted members. The members of the committee will appoint a chairman and other officers from among their number. Our constitution includes rules for the election, as follows:
• The chairman of the society shall act as returning officer.
• Tenant members may nominate themselves or other tenant members for election.
• Nominations must be proposed and seconded.
• Nominations must be countersigned by the nominee indicating their willingness to stand
• Nominations must be received in writing by the secretary at least twenty-one clear days before the meeting.
• If there are fewer nominations than vacancies, then all candidates are elected without a ballot.
• If there are more nominations than vacancies, there shall be a secret ballot using ballot papers prepared in advance by the secretary.
• The count shall be conducted by the chairman assisted by a minimum of two scrutineers.
Scrutineers shall be appointed by the meeting and must be neither candidates in the election nor members of the outgoing committee.
The closing date for submission of motions and committee nominations is Saturday 2 March.
The agenda and associated papers will be sent to you about a fortnight before the AGM, so that you will have plenty of time to consider any proposals prior to the meeting.
Felicity Drown, Chairman and Returning Officer 10 February 2015